2023年5月8日 星期一

transom, over the transom. Studio That Floats Among the Trees

 

Culture and Lifestyle




Only the choir has three windows, two of them - the north and the south - are broken and one has three transoms and flamboyant latticework.

But the message from mammon is different. "When I started out running PARC, I thought 99% of the work was creating the innovation, and then throwing it over the transom for dumb marketers to figure out how to market it," says Mr Brown. "And now I realise that there is at least as much creativity in finding ways to take the idea to market as coming up with the idea in the first place. I would have spent my time differently had I figured this out early on."

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford LanguagesLearn more
transom
noun
  1. the flat surface forming the stern of a boat.


over the transom
phrase of transom
  1. INFORMALNORTH AMERICAN
    offered or sent without prior agreement; unsolicited.
    "the editors receive about ten manuscripts a week over the transom"

沒有留言: