2023年3月20日 星期一

kind, kind of. raw, kinda, professionalism, therein, living life was a kind of acting


“Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much."
— Blaise Pascal



By JASON ZINOMAN
In a newly released hour of commentary made in 2001 called “I Kinda Like It When a Lotta People Die,” the comedian delights in picturing the end of the world.


 Even if carriers and hardware companies welcome the arrival of all that competition as a way to dilute the influence of Google and Apple in mobile software, it could make things considerably less simple for user and developers. “Don’t we have enough operating systems for phones?” asks Hagiu. “If I’m a developer, I kind of hate that I have to write for all of them.”


Mr. Mankiewicz admired her professionalism. “Whatever the script called for, she played it,” he said. “The thread that goes through the whole is that of a woman who is an honest performer. Therein lies her identity.”
It was also Mr. Mankiewicz who said that for Ms. Taylor, “living life was a kind of acting,” that she lived her life “in screen time.”



Urban Dictionary: raw

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=raw&defid=704484

Raw. Out of order. Funny. I took her man. Awww shit, that's raw you get me? You give me bare jokes. You're too raw. by 3da aka Dejavu June 05, 2004. 4 34.


kinda
/ˈkʌɪndə/
INFORMAL
contraction
  1. kind of.
    "I think it's kinda funny"

kinda
ˈkʌɪndə/
informal
contraction


  1. kind of.
    "I think it's kinda funny"
kind of ...
((略式))((副詞的))ある程度, いくぶん, (…の)ようで(somewhat, rather)
I'm kind of hungry.
私はちょっと空腹だ.
▼くずれてkind o', kind a, kinda(いずれも 〔káind〕), kinder( 〔kíndr〕)となる.

沒有留言: