2024年3月2日 星期六

vacationing, raise concern....announced new restrictions on point allocation based on how you book a flight. What does that mean for loyalty members?




Bio Lab in Galveston Raises Concerns

By JAMES C. McKINLEY JR
Scientists plan to study viruses like Ebola and Marburg in this Texas island where hurricanes regularly wreak havoc.


vacationing

Philip E. Clapp, an early and vigorous voice in the movement raising concern about global climate change, died Wednesday while vacationing in the Netherlands. He was 54 and lived in Washington.




vacation (HOLIDAY) Show phonetics
noun [C or U] US
a holiday, especially when you are travelling away from home for pleasure:
We're taking a vacation in June.
They went to Europe on vacation.
I've still got some vacation left before the end of the year.

vacation Show phonetics
verb [I] US
Remember that time we were vacationing in Vermont?

vacationer Show phonetics
noun [C]
US FOR holidaymaker



raise (INCREASE) Show phonetics
verb [T]
to cause something to increase or become bigger, better, higher, etc:
The government plan to raise taxes.
I had to raise my voice (= speak more loudly) to make myself heard over the noise.
The inspector said that standards at the school had to be raised.
Our little chat has raised my spirits (= made me feel happier).

沒有留言: