Group From Taiwan Clashes With Kenyan Police Over Deportation to China
Johnny Chiang, a legislator from the Kuomintang party, with a video clip showing Taiwanesedetained at a Kenyan police station, during a news ...
Fringe Parties Tap Into Greek Anger
Two political mavericks are tapping into public anger at incumbents and the harsh austerity measures Greece must adopt to stay in the euro, as support for mainstream parties withers ahead of May 6 elections.
Thai Forces Move on Protesters as Tension Grows
By SETH MYDANS
At least sixteen people were killed in clashes as the military moved to seal off a broad area of the capital where antigovernment protesters have camped for weeks.
By BRIAN STELTER
The broadcaster Keith Olbermann, known for his defiance, has estranged himself from his Current TV bosses in only three months.
- To establish a connection with; have access to: tapped into a new market for their products.
- To take advantage of: tapped into their enthusiasm to improve the school.
Continue moving or progressing; also go away. For example, It's time we moved on to the next item on the agenda, or The police ordered the spectators to move on. [First half of 1800s]
Meaning #1: move forward, also in the metaphorical sense
Synonyms: advance, progress, pass on, march on, go on
v., clashed, clash·ing, clash·es. v.intr.
- To collide with a loud, harsh, usually metallic noise: cymbals clashing.
- To come into conflict; be in opposition: factions that clashed on a tax increase; an eyewitness account that clashed with published reports.
- To create an unpleasant visual impression when placed together: colors that clash.
To strike together with a loud, harsh, metallic noise.
- A loud, harsh noise, such as that made by two metal objects in collision.
- A conflict, as between opposing or irreconcilable ideas. See synonyms at discord.
- An encounter between hostile forces; a battle or skirmish.