2016年4月30日 星期六

housecoat, Spaghetti, "Spaghetti Junction" , spaghetti alla chitarra, Mangia, Mangia!

"Spaghetti Junction is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen at night."
For Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight, Brum is undersold aesthetically…
THEGUARDIAN.COM|由 GAVIN MCOWAN 上傳

Mangia, Mangia! 吃:吃

Chris Warde-Jones for The New York Times
In Abbateggio, Abruzzo, Nicoletta De Thomasis, left, and her family and friends have outsiders in to try regional specialties through the Home Food program.



Published: April 11, 2010
NICOLA DE THOMASIS, a round-bellied, bearded, bespectacled man from the rough-hewn hills of Abruzzo, stood near the head of his dinner table, holding a pair of tongs — and my fate — in his hand. He had already placed on my plate an almost lethally large portion of spaghetti alla chitarra, dressed with the region’s traditional tomato-and-lamb ragù, and his tong-bearing hand kept inching closer and closer to the communal pasta platter until, at last, he dove in with the instrument, scooped up a final, fatal tangle of noodles and added them to my dish. I was done for.

PASTA ALLA CHITARRA
400 x 300 - 38k - jpg
imieipasticci-pippuzzu..




Spaghetti Junction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_Junction
"Spaghetti Junction" is a nickname sometimes given to a complicated or massively intertwined road traffic interchange that resembles a plate of spaghetti.





2005讀『著長而鬆寬的家居服之老婦』,才注意到 housecoat這字眼(長且鬆寬的家居女服;A woman's garment, usually long and loose, used for informal wear at home.)- 家常服。日本語 (Japanese) n. - 部屋着、即法語、西、葡語之bata)。

先舉一下housecoat之用法。我利用google print--(現改名Google Books )找到很多例子,不過,姑且引Anton Pavlovich Chekhov 著名戲劇海鷗 第二幕的翻譯(Five Plays: Ivanov, the Seagull, Uncle Vanya, Three Sisters, and the Cherry Orchard by - Drama - 1998 - 336 pages-Page 82 - ... )

Irina
I keep myself in trim and my clothes and hair are always just right.
Do I ever go out, even in the garden, with my housecoat on, without doing my hair?
No, I don''t. That's why I've lasted so well, because I've never been slovenly and let myself go like some I could mention..

----
Page 53 - ... Margaret answers in a housecoat and slippers. I think I must have come to the wrong place. "Is this the Burns's residence?" I ask a little embarrassed…【Rapture Culture: Left Behind in Evangelical America by Amy Johnson Frykholm - 2004 - 240 pages】

再讀一首憶故人之感人詩歌Blues for Polly(Without: Poems by Donald Hall - Poetry - 1999 - 96 pages Page 31 - ...)


……

The whole family
made puns at dinner table,
argued politics, and neglected
to mention their grievances
with one another –although rage
might steam like spaghetti al olio
Art was dependable, something
to live for.


At five-thirty
on a Sunday morning in October
under the yellow porch light
we said goodbye to Polly. We hugged
weeping, and our friends loaded us
into his Jeep for the airport
and maybe continuing life.
Polly grew small behind us,
wrapped in her long housecoat
and waving farewell, with Gus
flopped down dejected,
beside her.
….

Spaghetti al olio with spinach and lemon on Yahoo! Video

同義字該學學

WordNet: housecoat
Meaning #1: a loose dressing gown for women

Synonyms: negligeenegligepeignoirwrapper


沒有留言: