Debauchery at 37,000ft on Gumball 3000 flight
Passengers on Gumball 3000 flight swig vodka, smoke and strip NAKED
One passenger got naked and straddled another man
Knowledge@Wharton: You note in the beginning of your book that the "animating premise" of The Leader's Checklist is that effective leadership can be learned, and, indeed, should be learned. Does this mean that you're negating the role of gut reaction or spontaneous reaction to events? Can people still be leaders by the seat of their pants, if you know what I'm getting at?
by the seat of pants,
Using intuition and improvisation rather than method or experience, as in He ran the business by the seat of his pants. This expression was invented by World War II fliers, who used it to describe flying when instruments were not working or weather interfered with visibility. It was transferred to broader use soon after the war.
- Britishshort for country seat.Lamport Hall was the seat of the Isham family for over 400 years
- 5a part of a machine that supports or guides another part: if the valve seat is damaged, it can be recut using a special tool
v., seat·ed, seat·ing, seats.
- To place in or on a seat.
- To cause or assist to sit down: The ushers will seat the members of the bride's family.
- To provide with a particular seat: The usher seated me in the back row.
- To have or provide seats for: We can seat 300 in the auditorium.
- To install in a position of authority or eminence.
- To fix firmly in place: seat an ammunition clip in an automatic rifle.
To rest on or fit into another part: The O-rings had not seated correctly in their grooves.
Origin:Middle English (as a noun): from Old Norse sæti, from the Germanic base of sit. The verb dates from the late 16th century
- seats (複数形) • seated (過去形) • seated (過去分詞) • seating (現在分詞) • seats (三人称単数現在)
1 （物としての）いす, 座席, 腰掛け；（座る位置・空間としての）席, 座；腰掛けられる場所. ▼chairは動かせるが, seatは固定されている
a window seat
a forward seat
3 ((通例単数形))（いす・自転車・くら・ぶらんこなどの）座部（⇒SADDLE（図））；（身体の）尻(しり), 臀部(でんぶ)；（ズボンなどの）尻（当て）；（器機の）台, 台座；基底（部）
4 ((形式))（活動の）中心地；（機関の）所在地；（体の機能・病気の）源((of ...))
by the seat of one's pants((略式))
(1) ((米))きわどいところで, すれすれで
1 ((形式))((しばしば〜 -selfまたは受身))…を着席させる；…を（ある場所に）設置する((in ...))；…に住む
4 …を議席につける；…を議員に任ずる；…を役職［地位, 身分］につける.
5 …に（いすなどの）座部をつける, （ズボンの）尻当てをつける.
6 〈バルブを〉締める, 閉ざす.
7 …を台［台座］にすえつける, 固定する.