"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows—Part 2," the finale to the long-running Harry Potter film series, set a domestic opening-weekend box-office record.
Tim Tebow's career on an NFL field is likely over, but his career in the broadcast booth is likely just beginning.
- A booth, as in a theater or stadium, where tickets are sold.
- The drawing power of a theatrical entertainment or of a performer; popular appeal.
- A factor influencing this power: Notoriety is usually good box office.
- Total attendance for an entertainment; turnout.
- The amount of money received from ticket sales for an entertainment.
[So named because it was originally an office for the booking of boxes in a theater.]box-office box'-of'fice (bŏks'ô'fĭs, -ŏf'ĭs) adj.
- [ 翻譯此頁 ]11 Apr 2005 ... India and China sign an agreement aimed at resolving their long-running dispute over the Himalayan border.
Olympus Reveals a Capital Crunch
Olympus unveiled earnings figures that lifted the immediate threat of a stock delisting but revealed significant damage that a long-running accounting scandal has done to the company's books.
IN BRIEF: Having been performed for an extended period of time.