|.||on Page 88:|
|"A notable event here was the so-called `Big Bang' in the City of London, 27 October 1986, which replaced the age-old spectacle of jobbers milling on the Stock Exchange floor with an almost invisible, highly sophisticated computer-based network for dealers ... "|
Sudden deregulation of financial markets. The best such example is the London "Big Bang" of 1986, acclaimed as a major step toward a single world financial market. It eliminated fixed-rate brokerage commissions and ownership limits on non-British firms.
Tetrad may refer to:
- Tetrad (chromosomal formation)
- Tetrad (genetics), the four spores of a yeast
- Tetrad (general relativity), a mathematical frame of reference in general relativity
- Tetrad (index notation), a concept in differential geometry
- Tetrad (music), a set of four notes
- Tetrad (symbol) or tetractys
- Tetrad (unit of area)
- Tetrad, a group of four haploid and immature pollen grains in tetrahedral fashion produced by meiotic microsporogenesis
- Tetrad, an occurrence of 4 total lunar eclipses in a row with intervals of 6 lunations (semester).