Astronauts install porch on space station
Reuters - USA In four additional spacewalks scheduled for the mission, astronauts will work on an equipment cart and prepare a docking port for Japan's new cargo ship, ...
mediaeval term of " Parvis," which was often in later times attached to the square or " place " immediately lying under the shadow of the chief entrance ...
1. The open square in front of a large church.
2. An enclosed court or room in front of a church.
3. A room over a church porch, 1.
- An enclosed courtyard or space at the entrance to a building, especially a cathedral, that is sometimes surrounded by porticoes or colonnades.
- One of the porticoes or colonnades surrounding such a space.
[Middle English, from Old French, alteration of pareis, paradise, from Late Latin paradīsus, garden, paradise. See paradise.]
A person trained to pilot, navigate, or otherwise participate as a crew member of a spacecraft.
[ASTRO- + Greek nautēs, sailor (from naus, ship).]