2023年1月20日 星期五

ache for sth, Reduce Statin-Related Muscle Aches

The Week in Well
 
PERSONAL HEALTH
Unlocking the World of Sound for Deaf Children
By JANE E. BRODY

‘My mother practically cried when I heard a cricket chirping in the house,’ says a woman who got a cochlear implant at age 11.

The Importance of Medical Touch
By CAITLIN KELLY

It can show gentleness and compassion or carelessness and incompetence.

How to Grieve for Online Friends You Had Never Met in Person
By CINDY LAMOTHE

We often use technology to form meaningful relationships with virtual strangers. But what happens when the person on the other side of the screen dies?

DOCTORS
My Human Doctor
By SARA MANNING PESKIN, M.D.

Medical school teaches us to examine, to research, to treat. We don’t learn to err and recover.

Weekly Health Quiz: Alternative Therapies, Cancer and Cholesterol
By TOBY BILANOW

Test your knowledge of this week’s health news.

ASK WELL
Does Coenzyme Q10 Reduce Statin-Related Muscle Aches?
By RICHARD KLASCO, M.D.

Studies have provided mixed results.



ache for sth
 
phrasal verb LITERARY to want something very much: 渴望
He was lonely and aching for love.

ache noun [C] 1 a continuous pain which is unpleasant but not strong: As you get older, you have all sorts of aches and pains. 
I've got a dull (= slight) ache in my lower back.

By ANNIE MURPHY PAUL

When does the experience of pain begin? Anti-abortion activists aren’t the only ones to argue that it may be in the womb.

2 used in combinations with parts of the body to mean a continuous pain in the stated part: earache/headache/toothache/backache I've had a stomach ache all morning. 

  ache 
 verb [I] My head/tooth/back aches. I ache/I'm aching all over. I've got one or two aching muscles after yesterday's run. 

  achy  adjective INFORMAL I've been feeling tired and achy (= full of pains) all morning.

1 則留言:

人事物 提到...

In 2015 Iowa’s farmers shipped $132m of high-fructose corn syrup to Mexico. Without NAFTA, Mexico would slap a tooth-aching 100% tariff on the stuff