Throughout the film Alex keeps the incident to himself, and does not confide in anyone else. After having impassive sex with his girlfriend, Jennifer (Taylor Momsen), he breaks up with her. Another of his friends, Macy (Lauren McKinney), notices that he is worried about something. She advises him to write down whatever is bothering him as a cathartic release if nothing else. He initially rejects the idea, but eventually writes an account, which becomes the basis for the story. After completing the written account, Alex burns it.
Behind the Masks in Ukraine, Many Faces of Rebellion
By C. J. CHIVERS and NOAH SNEIDER
A deeper look at the rebels in Ukraine offers a murky picture of their aims, motivations and connections. They appear to be Ukrainians, but they have deep ties to and affinity for Russia.
Inside the Walls of Fez
By MELENA RYZIK
Relying on instinct, hospitality and a bit of technology, the author discovers the rewards of exploring the Moroccan city's medina without a guide.
Financial Woes Bring Apathy Ahead of Cyprus Election
By NICHOLAS KULISH
LIMASSOL, Cyprus — Both presidential candidates have promised to abide by a bailout deal that is widely seen as disastrous for the economy yet unavoidable.
"Man does not live by bread alone. I have known millionaires starving for lack of the nutriment which alone can sustain all that is human in man, and I know workmen, and many so-called poor men, who revel in luxuries beyond the power of those millionaires to reach. It is the mind that makes the body rich. There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else."
In Nevada, Apathy Is a Front-Runner
By JENNIFER MEDINA
Many voters have tuned out a special Congressional election in Nevada, where unemployment is at 13 percent and foreclosure rates are high.
n., pl., -thies.
- A relationship or an affinity between people or things in which whatever affects one correspondingly affects the other.
- Mutual understanding or affection arising from this relationship or affinity.
- The act or power of sharing the feelings of another.
- A feeling or an expression of pity or sorrow for the distress of another; compassion or commiseration. Often used in the plural. See synonyms at pity.
- Harmonious agreement; accord: He is in sympathy with their beliefs.
- A feeling of loyalty; allegiance. Often used in the plural: His sympathies lie with his family.
- Physiology. A relation between parts or organs by which a disease or disorder in one induces an effect in the other.
[Latin sympathīa, from Greek sumpatheia, from sumpathēs, affected by like feelings : sun-, syn- + pathos, emotion.]
- Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.
- Lack of emotion or feeling; impassiveness.
[Latin apathīa, from Greek apatheia, from apathēs, without feeling : a-, without; see a-1 + pathos, feeling.]
1 無感動, 無感情.
2 （重要なことあるいは他の人が興味を覚えるものに対する）冷淡, 無関心((toward ...))
feel apathy toward ...
feel apathy toward ...
- pit • i • a • ble
1 哀れみを誘う, 痛ましい.