The place of excrement;
For nothing can be sole or whole
That has not been rent.
www.lorenwebster.net/In_a_Dark_Time/2002/.../yeats-heart-and-soul/Feb 19, 2002 - When on love intent; But Love has pitched his mansion in. The placeof excrement; For nothing can be sole or whole. That has not been rent.
www.poemhunter.com › PoemsDec 18, 2008 - But Love has pitched his mansion in. The place of excrement; Fornothing can be sole or whole. That has not been rent.' William Butler Yeats.
|Why Facebook Makes You Feel Bad About Yourself|
|No surprise those Facebook photos of your friends on vacation or celebrating a birthday party can make you feel lousy.|
Ashihei Hino (火野 葦平 Hino Ashihei , 1907 January 25 – 1960 January 24) was born in Wakamatsu (now Wakamatsu ward, Kitakyūshū) and in 1937 he received the prestigious Akutagawa Prize for one of his novels, Fun'nyōtan (糞尿譚 Tales of Excrement and Urine ). At that moment he was a soldier for the Japanese army in China. He then got promoted to the information corps and published numerous works about the daily lives of Japanese soldiers. It is for his war novels that he became famous for during (and forgotten after) the war. His book Mugi to Heitai (麦と兵隊 Wheat and Soldiers ) sold over a million copies. He took his own life aged 53. His birthhouse can be visited today.
“Catcher” was published in 1951, and its very first sentence, distantly echoing Mark Twain, struck a brash new note in American literature: “If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you’ll probably want to know is where I was born and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don’t feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth.”
- An act of defecating.
- Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
- Cheap or shoddy material.
- Miscellaneous or disorganized items; clutter.
- Insolent talk or behavior.
Merck KGaA Tightens View
Merck KGaA tightened its 2008 guidance after reporting a sharp boost in third-quarter net profit.
Deutsche Post Cuts View
Deutsche Post cut its 2008 earnings forecast and scrapped its 2009 outlook, citing a weak third-quarter performance at its express operations.
- An examination or inspection: used binoculars to get a better view.
- A sight; a look.
- A systematic survey; coverage: a view of Romantic poetry.
- An individual and personal perception, judgment, or interpretation; an opinion: In his view, aid to the rebels should be suspended. See synonyms at opinion.
- Field of vision: The aircraft has disappeared from view.
- A scene or vista: the view from the tower.
- A picture of a landscape: a view of Paris, done in oils.
- A way of showing or seeing something, as from a particular position or angle: a side view of the house.
- Something kept in sight as an aim or intention: “The pitch of the roof had been calculated with a view to the heavy seasonal rains” (Caroline Alexander).
- lous • y
- be lousy with, （全1件）
1 ((主に話))不潔な；卑劣な, さもしい；悪質な, ひどい, へたな；みじめな
a lousy actor
be lousy with ...((米話))〈人などが〉うようよしている；〈金などが〉たんまりある.