“As soon as I wrote that scene, I was thinking, Oh crap, that’s the plot,” Espach said. “I am not going to write this book. That’s not fun.”
According to Empower, many millennials spend around $7 a day fueling the habit. Do the math and that's more than $2,500 a year, enough to turn a caffeine buzz into a financial hangover.
"Shark Tank" star Kevin O'Leary thinks that's madness. He says he'll never be caught paying coffee shop prices when he can make his own cup for pennies at home. "I never buy a frape-latte-blah-blah-blah-woof-woof-woof for $2.50," he told CNBC back in 2017. "Do I pay $2.50 for a coffee? Never, never, never do I do that. That is such a waste of money for something that costs 20 cents."
Instead, O'Leary brews his own every morning, proudly noting it runs him about 18 cents a cup. The rest, he says, goes straight into investments. To him, it's not about denying himself caffeine—it's about refusing to waste money on something that won't grow. "I drink coffee, one cup every morning. It costs about 18 cents to make it, and I invest the rest," he explained.
That idea—skipping small splurges and channeling the cash into compounding returns—is core to his financial playbook. He insists the "little leaks" in a budget are where most people sabotage themselves.
Coffee is just the easy example. It could just as easily be streaming subscriptions you forgot you signed up for, rideshares when a bus would do, or that overpriced salad you scarfed down at your desk. On their own, none of these things look fatal. But stack them together every day, and they eat away at money that could have been working for you.
"The truth is, there is a lot of crap you don't need," O'Leary said. "What I've learned to do, and what has really helped me in maintaining growth in my own personal investing is, anytime I pick up something I'm going to buy, I say to myself, ‘Do I really need this?' Because if I don't buy it, the money is going to be invested and make money every year for me while I'm sleeping."
His prescription is blunt: everyone, no matter their income, should be setting aside at least ten percent of each paycheck for investing. He knows the excuses. People protest they can't afford it, that rent alone drains them. But he doesn't buy it. "People say, ‘I can't afford that! I can barely afford my rent!' But it's not true, you buy crap you don't need every day."
O'Leary's point isn't to banish coffee altogether. It's to highlight how easily routine spending can balloon into something absurd. If the average American is really dropping thousands of dollars a year on takeout coffee, then the lesson is pretty clear: you're not just buying caffeine, you're trading away your chance at long-term growth.
He puts it in the simplest terms possible: "I don't buy a lot of crap. I buy good stuff that I need, and I invest the rest, and it works. Try it sometime."
At $7 a day, that "frape-latte-blah-blah-blah-woof-woof-woof" could be the most expensive 20 cents you'll ever drink
“我寫完那場戲之後,就想,糟了,這不就是劇情嗎?”埃斯帕赫說,“我可不想寫這本書,一點意思都沒有。”
美國人愛喝咖啡,就像孩子們愛吃萬聖節糖果一樣。每天早上去星巴克或唐恩都樂買咖啡已經成了像刷牙一樣的習慣——只不過價格更高。
根據 Empower 統計,許多千禧世代每天要花約 7 美元來維持這個習慣。算算看,一年下來就是 2500 多美元,足以讓咖啡因帶來的興奮變成經濟上的負擔。
《創智贏家》(Shark Tank)的明星凱文·奧利裡認為這簡直是瘋了。他說,既然在家就能花幾分錢自己做咖啡,他絕對不會花那麼多錢去咖啡店。 “我從來不花2.5美元買那種什麼星冰樂什麼的,”他在2017年接受CNBC採訪時說道,“我會花2.5美元買一杯咖啡嗎?絕對不會。那簡直是浪費錢,一杯咖啡也就值20美分。”
奧利裡每天早上都會自己煮咖啡,他自豪地表示,一杯咖啡的成本大約是18美分。剩下的錢,他說,都直接投入投資。對他來說,這不是拒絕攝取咖啡因——而是拒絕把錢浪費在不會增值的東西上。 「我每天早上喝一杯咖啡。煮一杯咖啡的成本大約是18美分,剩下的錢我都用來投資了,」他解釋道。
這種理念──避免小額消費,把錢投入能帶來複利收益的投資──是他理財策略的核心。他堅持認為,預算中的「小漏洞」才是大多數人自我破壞的根源。
咖啡只是個簡單的例子。同樣,也可能是你忘記訂閱的串流媒體服務、明明可以坐公車卻選擇了拼車,或者你在辦公桌前狼吞虎嚥地吃下的那份價格過高的沙拉。單獨來看,這些都不算什麼大事。但如果每天把它們加起來,就會蠶食掉原本可以為你所用的錢。
「事實是,有很多東西你根本不需要,」奧利裡說。 「我學會瞭如何保持個人投資的成長,而真正幫助我實現這一目標的,是每次拿起一件要買的東西時,我都會問自己:『我真的需要這個嗎?』因為如果我不買,這筆錢就會被投資,在我賺錢的時候每年都為我睡覺。”
他的建議直截了當:每個人,無論收入多少,都應該將每份工資中至少10%用於投資。他知道人們會找哪些藉口。人們抗議說他們買不起,光房租就讓他們捉襟見肘。但他不相信。 「人們說,『我買不起!我連房租都快付不起了!』但事實並非如此,你每天都在買一些你不需要的東西。”
奧利裡的觀點並非要徹底禁止咖啡。而是要強調日常開支是如何輕易地膨脹成荒謬的。如果普通美國人真的每年在外賣咖啡上花費數千美元,那麼教訓就很明顯了:你買的不僅僅是咖啡因,你也在出賣你獲得長期發展的機會。
他用最簡單的方式解釋道:“我不買很多沒用的東西。我只買我需要的好東西,剩下的錢就投資,而且效果很好。不妨試試。”
每天7美元,一杯“星冰樂-拿鐵-等等等等-汪汪汪”,可能是你喝過的最貴的20美分。
The place of excrement;
For nothing can be sole or whole
That has not been rent.
Yeats' Heart and Soul - In a Dark Time ... The Eye Begins to ...
www.lorenwebster.net/In_a_Dark_Time/2002/.../yeats-heart-and-soul/
Feb 19, 2002 - When on love intent; But Love has pitched his mansion in. The placeof excrement; For nothing can be sole or whole. That has not been rent.Crazy Jane Talks With The Bishop Poem by William Butler ...
www.poemhunter.com › Poems
Dec 18, 2008 - But Love has pitched his mansion in. The place of excrement; Fornothing can be sole or whole. That has not been rent.' William Butler Yeats.| Why Facebook Makes You Feel Bad About Yourself |
| No surprise those Facebook photos of your friends on vacation or celebrating a birthday party can make you feel lousy. |
Ashihei Hino (火野 葦平 Hino Ashihei, 1907 January 25 – 1960 January 24) was born in Wakamatsu (now Wakamatsu ward, Kitakyūshū) and in 1937 he received the prestigious Akutagawa Prize for one of his novels, Fun'nyōtan (糞尿譚 Tales of Excrement and Urine).[1] At that moment he was a soldier for the Japanese army in China. He then got promoted to the information corps and published numerous works about the daily lives of Japanese soldiers. It is for his war novels that he became famous for during (and forgotten after) the war. His book Mugi to Heitai (麦と兵隊 Wheat and Soldiers) sold over a million copies. He took his own life aged 53. His birthhouse can be visited today.
“Catcher” was published in 1951, and its very first sentence, distantly echoing Mark Twain, struck a brash new note in American literature: “If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you’ll probably want to know is where I was born and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don’t feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth.”
The president of the Enhanced Games wants to push forward human evolution |
crap
Vulgar Slang.
n.
- Excrement.
- An act of defecating.
- Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
- Cheap or shoddy material.
- Miscellaneous or disorganized items; clutter.
- Insolent talk or behavior.
Merck KGaA Tightens View
Merck KGaA tightened its 2008 guidance after reporting a sharp boost in third-quarter net profit.
Deutsche Post Cuts View
Deutsche Post cut its 2008 earnings forecast and scrapped its 2009 outlook, citing a weak third-quarter performance at its express operations.
view
n.
view
n.
- An examination or inspection: used binoculars to get a better view.
- A sight; a look.
- A systematic survey; coverage: a view of Romantic poetry.
- An individual and personal perception, judgment, or interpretation; an opinion: In his view, aid to the rebels should be suspended. See synonyms at opinion.
- Field of vision: The aircraft has disappeared from view.
- A scene or vista: the view from the tower.
- A picture of a landscape: a view of Paris, done in oils.
- A way of showing or seeing something, as from a particular position or angle: a side view of the house.
- Something kept in sight as an aim or intention: “The pitch of the roof had been calculated with a view to the heavy seasonal rains” (Caroline Alexander).
lousy
- 音節
- lous • y
- 発音
- láuzi
- lousyの慣用句
- be lousy with, (全1件)
[形](-i・er, -i・est)
3 シラミだらけの.
be lousy with ...
((米話))〈人などが〉うようよしている;〈金などが〉たんまりある.
lous・i・ly
[副]
lous・i・ness
[名]
沒有留言:
張貼留言