NECN - Newton,MA,USA
(NECN/APTV) - The Japanese Ministry of Defence on Sunday set up Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) launcher, antennae and radar systems on its grounds in ...
IBM a top spot for multicultural women
As lawsuits over the Madoff debacle pile up, the big accounting firms, which oversaw many of its feeder funds, are likely to be among the defendants.
A fund that conducts virtually all of its investing through another fund (called the master fund).
This is similar to a fund-of-funds arrangement, except that the master fund manager is responsible for managing the underlying investments.
Often, an onshore feeder fund will invest in an offshore master fund. This is done so that the foreign master fund can gain a tax advantage for the domestic investors.
- One that supplies food: a bird feeder on a window ledge.
- One that is fed, especially an animal that is being fattened for market.
- A worker or device that feeds materials into a machine for further processing.
- Something that contributes to the operation, maintenance, or supply of something else, especially:
- A tributary stream.
- A branch line of a transport system, as of an airline or a railroad.
- Any of the medium-voltage lines used to distribute electric power from a substation to consumers or to smaller substations.
- A transmission line between an antenna and a transmitter.
n. - 飼養者, 奶瓶, 供給者
n. - 食べる人, 肥育用家畜, 飼養家, 支流, 給電線, かいば桶, 哺乳瓶, 投手, 給紙機, 食う人
Times Herald-Record - Middletown,NY,USA
Working Mother magazine has named IBM among its 2009 Top 5 Best Companies for Multicultural Women, which were chosen for "placing diversity and inclusion ...
A philosophy that recognizes ethnic diversity within a society and that encourages others to be enlightened by worthwhile contributions to society by those of diverse ethnic backgrounds.
noun [C] (US ALSO antenna)
a structure made of metal rods or wires which receives or sends out radio or television signals
noun [C usually plural] plural antennae or antennas
the natural ability to notice things and understand their importance:
Her finely-tuned political antennae helped her to sense problems that less-experienced politicians might not detect.
Antenna shop is slang for a shop that displays prototype products in order to test consumer reaction.