71-year-old Chicago man listed in fair condition after being robbed and shot by two men while he was watering his lawn.
$1,000 Reward Offered in Shooting of Chicago Man Watering Lawn
ABC7CHICAGO.COM|作者：ERIC HORNG ABC7
"It's a final thumbs up from me," he wrote, accompanied by a selfie of him lying in a sickbed, covered in drips, smiling cheerfully with his thumbs in the air. "I've done well to blag things as well as I have up till now, but unfortunately I think this is just one hurdle too far."
The Fumigation State
Reforming Illinois after the Blagojevich circus
胡適用 "掃除愛蟲" 1941/7/25
1. One whose occupation is to make nails; a nail maker.
2. One who fastens with, or drives, nails.
DEWALT Recalls Framing Nailers Due to Serious Injury Hazard
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.
Name of Product: DEWALT D51825 and D51850 Framing Nailers
Units: About 9,000
Distributor: DEWALT Industrial Tool Co., of Towson, Md.
Hazard: The bump action trigger on the framing nailers could have been incorrectly assembled during production, which would allow the nailer to eject a fastener unexpectedly or cause the trigger lock-off not to function. This can pose a serious injury hazard to the user or bystander.
Incidents/Injuries: None reported.
Description: DEWALT framing nailers with model numbers and date codes listed below:
Date Code Range
Clipped Head Framing Nailer
Full Round Head Framing Nailer
Sold at: Wholesale distributors and retailers nationwide from January 2008 through September 2008 for about $280.
Manufactured in: Mexico
Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the framing nailers and contact DEWALT for instructions on receiving a free replacement bump action trigger.
Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact DEWALT toll-free at (877) 437-7181 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit the firm�s Web site at www.DEWALT.com
[Cf. F. fumigation.]
1. The act of fumigating, or applying smoke or vapor, as for disinfection.
2. Vapor raised in the process of fumigating.
blagLine breaks: blag
British • informal
verb (blags, blagging, blagged)[with object]
- 1Manage to obtain (something) by using persuasion or guile: they blagged two free tickets to France
- 1.1Manage to obtain (private or confidential information) by impersonation or another method of deception: they were often able to hack phones because they had blagged phone numbers and passwords (as noun blagging) blagging is an offence under the Data Protection Act
nounBack to top
- 1An act of using persuasion or guile to obtain something: raising the £6.5 million had been either a heroic achievement by selfless, dedicated humanitarians or the blag of the century