2017年7月25日 星期二

pallbearer, sombre, go out in style

For those who want to go out in style! ⚰️🕺




I told my doctor I got all the exercise I needed being a pallbearer for all my friends who run and do exercises! - Winston Churchill

Illuminated signs on screens attached to the sides of the hall flashed during the final notes of movements, asking the audience not to clap between them. The instructions were followed. But with no message at the end of the “Pathétique,” applause started well before the somber last chord had died away.




go out Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary



sombre UKUS somber
adjective
1 serious, sad and without humour or amusement:
a sombre atmosphere/voice/face
The funeral was a sombre occasion.
I left them in a sombre mood.

2 dark and plain:
He wore a sombre black suit.

WordNet: pallbearer
Note: click on a word meaning below to see its connections and related words.
The noun has one meaning:
Meaning #1: one of the mourners carrying the coffin at a funeral
Synonym: bearer

沒有留言: