For nearly 30 years, Brian Oates has, in his words, "pig-headedly" devoted himself to a single pursuit: setting up the first commercial wasabi farm in North America.
Dozens of others in the US and Canada have tried to grow the plant - a type of horseradish that originates in Japan, where it is found growing naturally in rocky river beds - but almost all have failed.
Refined Titillation, With Breeding as the Tease
Piano player bot tickles the ivories in Taiwan
The bot is the work of Taiwan's Hiwin Technologies and can play complex melodies with its multiple digits. Hiwin makes ball screws and components such as ...See all stories on this topic »
v., -led, -ling, -les. v.tr.
- To touch (the body) lightly so as to cause laughter or twitching movements.
- To tease or excite pleasurably; titillate: suspense that tickles the reader's curiosity.
- To fill with mirth or pleasure; delight. See synonyms at please.
To feel or cause a tingling sensation.
- The act of tickling.
- A tickling sensation.
tickled pink Informal.
- Very pleased; delighted: I was tickled pink by the compliment.
[Middle English tikelen, perhaps frequentative of ticken, to touch lightly.]
- tit • il • late
- titillated (過去形) • titillated (過去分詞) • titillating (現在分詞) • titillates (三人称単数現在)
2 〈空想・興味・五感・人などを〉快く刺激する, （性的に）興奮させる.