"Look at these men, gathered around the most powerful man in the world – a man who has openly bragged of sexual assault, who refers to a vulva as a woman’s “wherever” – as he signs away the reproductive rights of women in developing countries."
UPS Makes Grab for Europe Rival
United Parcel Service launched a bold bet to expand in Europe with an unsolicited bid worth about $6.4 billion for Dutch package shipper TNT Express, which UPS and rival FedEx have long coveted.
v., snatched, snatch·ing, snatch·es. v.tr.
- To grasp or seize hastily, eagerly, or suddenly.
- Sports. To raise (a weight) in one quick, uninterrupted motion from the floor to a position over the lifter's head.
- To grasp or seize illicitly.
To make grasping or seizing motions: snatched at the lamp cord.
- The act of snatching; a quick grasp or grab.
- A brief period of time: "At the end we preferred to travel all night,/Sleeping in snatches" (T.S. Eliot).
- A small amount; a bit or fragment: a snatch of dialogue.
- Slang. A kidnapping.
- Sports. A lift in weightlifting in which the weight is raised in one uninterrupted motion from the floor to a position over the lifter's head.
- Vulgar Slang. The vulva.
[Middle English snacchen.]