Taxpayers are understandably outraged to foot the bill for $165 million in employee bonuses at A.I.G. -- but it may be a necessary evil, Andrew Ross Sorkin writes in his latest DealBook column in The New York Times.
Go to Column from The New York Times»
on back foot
in a worse situation than other people or groups. Brazil's brilliant play put their opponents on the back foot.necessary evil
something you do not like doing but which you know must be done, or something you do not like but which you must accept:
I think he regards work as a necessary evil.
- consider downsising as a necessary evil
- consider downsizing as a necessary evilより転送
- consider downsizing as a necessary evil
- 人員削減｛じんいん さくげん｝を必要悪｛ひつようあく｝だと考える
- define the violence as a necessary evil to realise the dream
- define the violence as a necessary evil to realize the dream
- necessary evil