2008年6月4日 星期三

leviathan, Leviathan By Czeslaw Milosz



In the future, Michael O'Sullivan foresees two types of countries: democratic, market-based "Levellers" and state-managed societies and economies called "Leviathans" #OpenFuture
關於這個網站
ECONOMIST.COM

Globalisation is dead. What comes next?
Good-bye to globalisation

 Leviathan By Czeslaw Milosz

Poetry

So Little

I said so little.
Days were short.

Short days.
Short nights.
Short years.

I said so little.
I couldn't keep up.

My heart grew weary
From joy,
Despair,
Ardor,
Hope.

The jaws of Leviathan
Were closing upon me.

Naked, I lay on the shores
Of desert islands.

The white whale of the world
Hauled me down to its pit.

And now I don't know
What in all that was real.

Berkeley, 1969
By Czeslaw Milosz from "The Collected Poems 1931-1987", 1988
Translated by Czeslaw Milosz and Lillian Vallee

Definition

leviathan, Leviathan
noun [C] LITERARY
something or someone that is extremely large and powerful:
The US is seen as an economic leviathan.






Copyright © Czeslaw Milosz and Lillian Vallee

沒有留言: