2019年5月1日 星期三

luxuriant, anoint, Psalm 23


He also changed the wording in Psalm 23 — "thou anointest my head with oil," is what you'll find in the King James translation. "But the Hebrew verb does not mean 'to anoint,' " Alter says. "The word that's actually used by the psalmist means 'to make luxuriant' — something like that. It's a very physical word. So after wrestling with other alternatives ... I ended up saying 'you moisten my head with oil.' "



1達味詩歌。上主是我的牧者,我實在一無所缺。
2他使我臥在青綠的草場,又領我走近幽靜的水旁,
3還使我的心靈得到舒暢。他為了自己名號的原由,領我踏上了正義的坦途。
4縱使我應走過陰森的幽谷,我不怕凶險,因你與我同在。你的牧杖和短棒,是我的安慰舒暢。
5在我對頭面前,你為我擺設了筵席;在我的頭上傅油,使我的杯爵滿溢。
6在我一生歲月裡,幸福與慈愛常隨不離;我將住在上主的殿裡,直至悠遠的時日。

Psalm 23 King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


anoint
/əˈnɔɪnt/
verb
  1. smear or rub with oil, typically as part of a religious ceremony.
    "high priests were anointed with oil"
    synonyms:smear with oil, rub with oil, apply oil to, spread oil over; 
    archaicanele
    "during the public baptism, the head of the infant was anointed"
    • smear or rub something with (any other substance).
      "Kuna Indians anoint the tips of their arrows with poison"
    • ceremonially confer divine or holy office upon (a priest or monarch) by smearing or rubbing with oil.
      "Samuel anointed him king"

anoint :傅油;敷油;擦聖油;膏油:聖事中的敷抹(傅)油行動。同 unction 
Anointing of the Sick, Sacrament of the :病人傅油聖事;病人聖事;終傅聖事(舊稱):七件聖事之一,司鐸用聖油敷抹病人,並誦念規定經文,藉以將病人託付給基督,求祂賜與安慰和拯救(法典 998 )。因此教友病重時,應請神父傅(敷抹)聖油,使之增加恩寵,赦免罪過,並減輕其精神及肉體方面的苦痛,有時也會恢復病患之健康(雅五 14-15? )。舊稱 Extreme Unction 

luxuriant
/lʌɡˈʒʊərɪənt,lʌɡˈzjʊərɪənt,lʌkˈsjʊərɪənt/
adjective
  1. (of vegetation) rich and profuse in growth; lush.
    "forests of dark, luxuriant foliage"
    • (of hair) thick and healthy.
      "she tossed her luxuriant dark hair"

沒有留言: