2018年2月19日 星期一

Put money where mouth is, walk the talk, talk the talk ... walk the walk


Germany's representatives talked the talk at the Munich Security Conference, but offered no "concrete steps" forward

The host nation of the Munich Security Conference offers little action
ECONOMIST.COM


巴菲特在他2014年寫給波克夏股東的信中,有這麼一句:「My money, I should add, is where my mouth is.」

Put money where mouth is - Idioms by The Free Dictionary

idioms.thefreedictionary.com/put+money+where+mouth+is

to do something rather than to just talk about it I finally realized that I should stop complaining about the people who run our town, put my money where my ...



talk the talk ... walk the walk

informal
If you say that someone talks the talk but does not walk the walk, youmean that they do not act in a way that agrees with the things they say:
When it comes to recycling he talks the talk but he doesn't walk the walk.



walk the talk
For the rest of us, the saying is “if you're going to talk the talk, you've got to walk thewalk”—a modern version of old sayings like “actions speak louder than words” and “practice what you preach.” Another early form of the expression was “walk it like you talk it.”

walk the talk

https://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/walk.html

沒有留言: