By NORIMITSU ONISHI
Over eight months, federal officials have shuttered more than 500 dispensaries in the state, including law-abiding businesses, critics say. Above, a center in Arcata, Calif.
What is the Aztec Sun Stone? The Aztec Sun Stone is a sculpture representing the Aztec calendar. On December 17, 1790, in the course of making repairs on a cathedral in Mexico City's Zocalo, workmen uncovered the huge stone. It had been buried 250 years earlier when the Spaniards conquered Tenochtitlan, the ancient capital of the Aztec empire. Some 12 ft/3.6 m in diameter, and weighing some 24 metric tons, the stone was carved over a period of about 50 years during the fifteenth century. The images carved into the stone represent days, months and years as measured by the Aztecs. Today, it is housed in Mexico City's National Museum of Anthropology.
|Aztec Sun Stone|
|Discovered||17 December 1970 at El Zócalo, Mexico City|
|Present location||National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City|
Sun Stone 詩集
Wireless Carriers Chase Push-to-Talk Customers
Competition is heating up among wireless carriers seeking to grab push-to-talk customers as Sprint is in the final stages of shuttering the legacy Nextel network it bought for $35 billion in 2005.
- One that shuts, as:
- A hinged cover or screen for a window, usually fitted with louvers.
- A mechanical device of a camera that controls the duration of a photographic exposure, as by opening and closing to allow light coming through the lens to expose a plate or film.
- shutters Music. The movable louvers on a pipe organ, controlled by pedals, that open and close the swell box.
- To furnish or close with shutters: locked the doors and shuttered the windows.
- To cause to cease operations; close down: shuttered the store for the holiday.
Shutterstock is a microstock photography website which maintains a library of royalty-free stock images available by subscription. Visitors can browse the entire image library for free, and can license and download images online through a variety of subscription offers.