2008年5月20日 星期二

strike while the iron is hot

WSJ

Why Yahoo Should Strike as Iron Is Hot
If Yahoo has any qualms about doing a deal with Microsoft, it should look at the fate of AOL. As more people shop online, AOL's value should be growing, but it's shrinking. How could Yahoo's board do anything but take a decent offer and bank it? (Video)


strike while the iron is hot
to take advantage of an opportunity as soon as it exists, in case the opportunity goes away and does not return:
He doesn't often make such offers - I'd strike while the iron is hot if I were you.

decent Show phonetics
adjective1 socially acceptable or good:
Everyone should be entitled to a decent wage/standard of living.
I thought he was a decent sort of person.
It was very decent (= kind) of you to help.
It made quite a decent-sized (= large) hole.
After the recent scandal, the priest is expected to do the decent thing and resign from his position.
2 INFORMAL dressed or wearing clothes:
Are you decent yet?You can come in now, I'm decent.

bank Show phonetics
verb [I or T] I used to bank with Lloyd's (= keep my money there).

沒有留言: