2015年8月22日 星期六

peckish, greater, fuller, up in the air


To be hungry is a luxury.


I dislike the term hangry, a neologism conflating hungry and angry and thus describing the rage induced by hunger.
THEPARISREVIEW.ORG|由 SADIE STEIN 上傳

Up in the air(懸而未決)
含義: 不確定,結果不可知;尚未決定。
例句: “My vacation next week is still up in the air. My company is working on a big project, so I might have to work next week.”(我下週的假期尚未決定下來。我的公司正在進行一個大項目,因此下週我可能得工作。)

廣告
Look younger with fuller hair.




peckish
ˈpɛkɪʃ/
adjective
BRITISHinformal
  1. hungry.
    "I hadn't eaten and was quite peckish"


full (CONTAINING A LOT) Show phonetics
adjective
1 (of a container or a space) holding or containing as much as possible or a lot; filled:
This cup is very full so be careful with it.
My plate was already full.
I tried to get in the cinema last night but it was full.
Don't talk with your mouth full!
The shelves were full of books.
When she looked at him her eyes were full of tears.
I tried to get on the 8.45 train but it was full (up).
Don't fill your glass too full or you'll spill it.
The theatre was only half full.

2 containing a lot of things or people or a lot of something:
This sweater is full of holes.
His essay was full of spelling errors.
I'm full of admiration for you.
You're always so full of energy.

3 involving a lot of activities:
I've got rather a full week next week - could we postpone our meeting?
She has a very full life.

fullness, fulness Show phonetics
noun [U]
when something is full


沒有留言: