- A person who is long experienced or practiced in an activity or capacity: a veteran of political campaigns.
- A person who has served in the armed forces: “Privilege, a token income . . . were allowed for veterans of both world wars” (Mavis Gallant).
- An old soldier who has seen long service.
- Having had long experience or practice: a veteran actor.
- Of or relating to former members of the armed forces: veteran benefits.
[Latin veterānus, from vetus, veter-, old.]n. - 老兵, 富有經驗的人, 老手
adj. - 老兵的, 經驗豐富的, 老練的