2016年5月22日 星期日

old-timey. Where Does “In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb” Originate?

Moby: "I'm an old-timey alcoholic. I'd go out for a couple of drinks and find himself at 8am, with strangers in my house, bags of drugs, I’d had about 15 drinks, having sex with a complete stranger. Which is great, but that was my best attempt to drink in moderation."


The Paris Review


“In like a lion, out like a lamb” and other old-timey proverbs with our correspondent, Sadie Stein.

Where Does “In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb” Originate?


Sadie Stein on the adage’s uncertain origins.


THEPARISREVIEW.ORG|由 TIERRA INNOVATION 上傳




old-timey

Pronunciation: /ˌōl(d)ˈtīmē/  
Entry from US English dictionary

ADJECTIVE

Old-fashioned or reminiscent of the past, typically in a nostalgic or sentimental way:the root beer float is another old-timey dessert

For editors and proofreaders


沒有留言: