Few Wash Hands Properly, Study Finds
By NICHOLAS BAKALAR
Researchers found that among those who used public toilets in one college town, 10 percent did not wash their hands at all, and almost a quarter used no soap. Only 5 percent washed for longer than 15 seconds; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends rubbing vigorously with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
China's Robust Spenders
China's thrifty consumers have not been major contributors to its remarkable growth story. With almost half of household wealth tied up in property, will falling home prices make China consume even less?
The Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group told the Avis Budget Group that its $1.3 billion takeover offer for the company was "problematic" because it did not provide for a break-up fee if the deal fell through because of antitrust reasons.
Go to Item from DealBook»
also prob·lem·at·i·cal (-ĭ-kəl)
- Posing a problem; difficult to solve: a repair that proved more problematic than first expected.
- Open to doubt; debatable: "if you ever get married, which seems to me extremely problematic" (Oscar Wilde).
- Not settled; unresolved or dubious: a problematic future.
adj., -i·er, -i·est.
- Practicing or marked by the practice of thrift; wisely economical. See synonyms at sparing.
- Industrious and thriving; prosperous.
- Growing vigorously; thriving, as a plant.
thriftiness thrift'i·ness n.
Definition of vigorously