Japan Seeks to Boost Financial Ties With Asean Amid China Row
Japan said it will boost financial cooperation with Southeast Asian nations, support their bond markets and make it easier for Japanese companies to raise funds in local currencies. Asia's second-largest economy will also consider reviving emergency ...
"Amazing, and slightly off putting, to see what a Boeing 777 aircraft can do when not on autopilot and flying/circling low over the ocean."
A right royal row over solar energy in Bavaria
The continuing boom has been helped along by a law that offers incentives to solar manufacturers and to people putting up solar panels on their roofs. Now one of Germany's wealthiest families wants to get in on the renewable energy game. Prince Albert of Thurn und Taxis wants to build a giant solar park on family land in Bavaria. But residents in a town next to the site are saying...hey, not in my backyard. Kyle James reports on this solar standoff between the nobles and some everyday folk.
Definition of off-putting
- A series of objects placed next to each other, usually in a straight line.
- A succession without a break or gap in time: won the title for three years in a row.
- A line of adjacent seats, as in a theater, auditorium, or classroom.
- A continuous line of buildings along a street.
To place in a row.
a tough row to hoe Informal.
- A difficult situation to endure.
[Middle English, from Old English rāw.]
v., rowed, row·ing, rows. v.intr. Nautical
To propel a boat with or as if with oars.
- To propel (a boat) with or as if with oars.
- To carry in or on a boat propelled by oars.
- To use (a specified number of oars or people deploying them).
- To propel or convey in a manner resembling rowing of a boat.
- To pull (an oar) as part of a racing crew.
- To race against by rowing.
- The act or an instance of rowing.
- A shift at the oars of a boat.
- A trip or an excursion in a rowboat.
[Middle English rowen, from Old English rōwan.]rower row'er n.
- A boisterous disturbance or quarrel; a brawl. See synonyms at brawl.
- An uproar; a great noise.
To take part in a quarrel, brawl, or uproar.
発音━━ n. 騒ぎ; （家庭内などの）けんか; 〔英〕 しかられること (get into a 〜 しかられる）; （政治的・社会的）論議.
make [kick up] a row 騒ぎを起す; 抗議する.
━━ vt. 〔英〕 ののしる.
━━ vi. 騒ぐ; 大げんかする ((with; about, over)).